Thomas Lang used to be an officer of the Scots Guard, now he is unemployed and drifting. The only commodity he has to sell is himself. But when he is offered a contract to murder a wealthy businessman he politely declines. He goes to warn the target, is attacked by a tough already on the premises and defends himself. When the most beautiful girl he's ever seen appears, he tells her a series of lies. And in no time, Lang, who would rather be riding his Kawasaki ZZR 1100, finds himself caught up in international intrigue, spying, violence, murder. . . and love. Lang seems helpless, but confronted by the minions of the British Secret Service, the CIA and assorted local and international villains, he manages singlehandedly to orchestrate a high adrenaline caper involving a prototype military helicopter capable of going five hundred miles per hour, a sinister arms dealer, international terrorists, beautiful girls and just enough sex.
The authorized guide to the television phenomenon House, M.D. For the last six years House, M.D. has been one of the most popular and captivating shows on television. Following the stories of a misanthropic genius doctor named Gregory House and his team of specialists, each week the show confronts medical mysteries that have baffled the best minds in medicine. Centered around one of the most compelling characters on television-brilliantly portrayed by actor Hugh Laurie-the Emmy Award-winning TV drama has been keeping millions of viewers intrigued and enthralled since it began, always offering an entertaining mixture of drama and humor. Based on unprecedented access to the show's cast members and creative staff, House, M.D. is the first fully authorized guide to the hit medical drama, offering a close-up view inside the world of House. From the show's genesis to today, this companion provides unique insight into the TV drama, as the actors, writers, and producers who've created these characters describe in their own words what the show means to them. This book also delves into fascinating discussions of the show's medical science and controversial ethical issues, as well as includes exclusive photographs from the set and an intimately detailed look at the making of an episode. Essential reading for any House fan, House, M.D. is the ultimate behind-the-scenes guide to TV's most captivating show.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.