- Table View
- List View
Someone has stolen the Mona Woofa from the Dogopolis Museum of Art and it's up to Art Dog, the mysterious, masked painter, to find the missing masterpiece. With the same high-spirited fun and adventure that have made Mystery on the Docks and Mama Don't Allow such perennially popular stories, Hurd serves up a new action-packed tale to delight young readers.
The wisdom of peace and the absurdity of fighting are demonstrated in seventeen stories and poems by outstanding authors of today such as Jean Fritz, Milton Meltzer, and Nancy Willard.
TOO LOUD! WHAT A RACKET! UNBEARABLE! Why don't you practice outside, dear? Not only Miles' parents, but the whole neighborhood has had enough of Miles' new saxophone! However, when Miles teams up with three other musicians to form the Swamp Band, their music suddenly gets a startlingly different reception. "We love that Swamp Band music!" yell the sharp-toothed, long-tailed, yellow-eyed alligators. "We like it LOUD! Come and play for the Alligator Ball." The Swamp Band is delighted . . . but little do they know what is in store for them after their first all-night jamboree. Every noise-loving child (and noise-hating parent) will revel in Thacher Hurd's funny, jazzy tale inspired by the traditional American song "Mama Don't Allow." Presch-3
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.