- Table View
- List View
The management of the older person with cancer is based on the estimate of life expectancy, tolerance of treatment, patient preference, and socio-economic barriers to treatment. The thrust of this book is to make medical oncologists and other health professionals managing older patients with cancer aware of recent developments in geriatric assessment and in cancer management for the older adult. After consulting this text the practitioner will be able to provide individualized treatment to the older cancer patient, reflecting that patient's physiologic age and personal needs. This book will also provide a scaffold to organize rapidly developing advances in geriatric assessment. This is particularly relevant for practitioners of oncology since the majority of patients with cancer are 65 and older. The target audiences for this book are oncologists of all specialties, oncology nurses, primary care physicians, geriatricians, and all other health professionals involved in the management of older patients with cancer.
This comprehensive text provides guidelines to the care of elderly cancer patients, which is different from that of younger adults.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.