- Table View
- List View
The management of the older person with cancer is based on the estimate of life expectancy, tolerance of treatment, patient preference, and socio-economic barriers to treatment. The thrust of this book is to make medical oncologists and other health professionals managing older patients with cancer aware of recent developments in geriatric assessment and in cancer management for the older adult. After consulting this text the practitioner will be able to provide individualized treatment to the older cancer patient, reflecting that patient's physiologic age and personal needs. This book will also provide a scaffold to organize rapidly developing advances in geriatric assessment. This is particularly relevant for practitioners of oncology since the majority of patients with cancer are 65 and older. The target audiences for this book are oncologists of all specialties, oncology nurses, primary care physicians, geriatricians, and all other health professionals involved in the management of older patients with cancer.
This comprehensive text provides guidelines to the care of elderly cancer patients, which is different from that of younger adults.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.