- Table View
- List View
Talk to any and all golfers, be they Tour professionals or once-a-month country clubbers, and you'll hear that they want to improve their game in some way. But up until now, most expert books on golf instruction have focused only on the approach advocated by a particular teaching pro or famous player; the authors usually talk about "the golf swing" or "the putting stroke" as if there is only one way to do it -- their way. With How to Learn Golf, the first comprehensive guide to contemporary golf instruction, Harry Hurt III will help you become a better golfer by identifying what type of player you really are, and which of the several leading methods are right for you and your golfing goals. Based on Hurt's sessions with all of America's top ten instructors, this book helps you choose between the two main types of golf instruction available -- error correction, which offers a quick fix for a specific swing flaw, and swing development, where the focus is on building the swing from top to bottom. Hurt provides illuminating detail on the most effective approaches to improving each aspect of your golf game: putting, the full swing, the short game, and the all-important mental game. Hurt also includes a biographical listing of the best golf instructors nationwide and where their expertise lies, so you can determine who may be best suited to your needs. And if you've never sought an instructor before or you've had problems communicating with yours, there are two handy worksheets: eighteen questions you should ask your teaching pro and eighteen questions your pro should ask you. From beginners and high handicappers to scratch players and Tiger Woods wannabes, golfers of all skill levels looking to take the next step to improving their games need only look to How to Learn Golf.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.