Here is an all-new Park Pals adventure from the author of PeeWee's Tale and Lexi's Tale. When Plush, a female guinea pig, ends up in Central Park, PeeWee thinks he'll have a family soon. But at first, Plush would rather listen to classical music than explore the wild outdoors with him. Then PeeWee finds out that winter will be coming--something neither of them have ever faced. And for once, PeeWee's best friend, Lexi, who always has something smart to say, doesn't have much advice. Will PeeWee and Plush overcome their differences in time to prepare for the bitter cold?Full of surprises, and featuring an adorable cast of guinea pig babies, this action-packed tale about building friendship and conquering fear is sure to find a special place in readers' hearts.
An escaped guinea pig living in New York's Central Park is befriended by a squirrel. Park Pals.
A guinea pig in Central Park? PeeWee, once a boy's dear pet, has been secretly released into the wilds of Central Park. But instead of relishing his freedom, PeeWee is at first a stranger in a strange land--until he meets Lexi, a city-wise squirrel who gives his new stubby-tailed friend some tips as well as some confidence. A series of eye-opening adventures--from the search for PeeWee's former owner to his discovery of the power of reading--turns a timid rodent into an endearing hero that will leave Hurwitz fans cheering for more.
Las elecciones del presidente de la clase de quinto grado entre Lucas Cott el payaso de la clase y Cricket Kaufman la preferida de los maestros, mantienen una diferencia minima. Sin embargo las elecciones tendran un final inesperado, es posible que Julio con su gran habilidad de liderazgo se incluya en la contienda sin traicionar a su mejor amigo.
Five-year-old Russell goes to nursery school and has various adventures which show he is growing up, but sometimes he wishes he could still stay home like his baby sister.
Roz Sasser has a big problem and his name is Ozzie Sims. Roz is the new girl in the fourth grade and she's trying to fit in. But everywhere she goes, second-grader Ozzie tags along, telling silly riddles or dropping his penny collection all over the floor. Ozzie refuses to believe that Roz doesn't like him--aren't his jokes funny? But after a cupcake catastrophe and a fire drill that ends in the principal's office, Roz decides it's time for Ozzie to learn how to do things on his own. Johanna Hurwitz has written a warm and funny story about new friends, old friends, and how to be a friend yourself. Pictures are described. There are over 35 more books you'll have fun reading about boys and girls in first through sixth grade In the Bookshare collection by Johanna Hurwitz.
Three-year-old Elisa's new rag doll goes along on the adventures she and her seven-year-old brother Russell have with friends and family in their apartment building and outside.
First grader Russell Michaels grows more than an inch taller, becoming big enough to wear his red slicker and big enough to deal with family and school challenges.
Julio and other students at Edison-Armstrong Elementary School organize to prevent the closing of their school.
There's going to be a French girl named Genevieve living in Lucas' house all summer to help out his mother. Lucas thinks his summer has been ruined. Who needs a full-time baby-sitter hanging around?
Award-winning author Johanna Hurwitz is back with a new addition to the charming Park Pals Adventures series. Squirrels Lexington (Lexi) and Lenox decide to visit the New York City streets they were named after. Lexi is worried about leaving Central Park, but Lenox is confident that their streets will be beautiful places, maybe even better than the park! When the two squirrels venture into the city, they soon realize that the human world is stranger and more dangerous than they'd ever imagined. This exciting Park Pals tale brings back the fun, adventure, and favorite furry characters that this award-winning series is known for.
Encouraged by his gregarious sister and his trusty Superman cape, five-year-old Teddy takes his first step toward independence.
Nine-year-old Cricket's expectations of being, as always, the teacher's favorite student are dashed by the arrival of an unusual new girl in her fourth-grade class.
Yippee! It's spring break and Rory, Derek, and Bolivia are together again. Only this time the boys are at Bolivia's house and she's determined to make their visit perfect. She plans every minute of their stay, including special meals, games, and a super-duper birthday surprise. But then Bolivia's plan starts to unravel, bit by bit. How could she have known that Rory has no sense of direction? And who would have guessed that he'd save the day in an emergency? Most of all, Bolivia never planned on the boys having to stay at her house for an extra week! But by the time Rory and Derek go home, the three friends understand one another-and like one another-even better than they did before.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.