- Table View
- List View
Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics, 5th edition, is a concise, portable handbook summarizing the wide range of conditions encountered in pediatric emergency departments. As children with acute problems often receive care in private offices and clinics, it is equally relevant for pediatricians, emergency medicine physicians, family practitioners and internists. The 5th edition of this hugely successful resource is the leading book of its kind for several reasons: - Clear, concise guidance is given for patient evaluation and follow-up and explicit indications for admission - Every chapter is organized in a standard format, making it very easy for a reader to locate critical information rapidly - A dedicated 'Special Considerations' chapter addresses difficult problems such as the crying infant and the cross-cultural encounter Numerous new topics are included, making Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics, 5th edition an invaluable resource for any physician working in acute care settings where children are seen.
Covering many techniques widely used in research, this book will help researchers in the physical sciences and engineering solve troublesome - and potentially very time consuming - problems in their work. The book deals with technical difficulties that often arise unexpectedly during the use of various common experimental methods, as well as with human error. It provides preventive measures and solutions for such problems, thereby saving valuable time for researchers. Some of the topics covered are: sudden leaks in vacuum systems, electromagnetic interference in electronic instruments, vibrations in sensitive equipment, and bugs in computer software. The book also discusses mistakes in mathematical calculations, and pitfalls in designing and carrying out experiments. Each chapter contains a summary of its key points, to give a quick overview of important potential problems and their solutions in a given area.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.