- Table View
- List View
Covering many techniques widely used in research, this book will help researchers in the physical sciences and engineering solve troublesome - and potentially very time consuming - problems in their work. The book deals with technical difficulties that often arise unexpectedly during the use of various common experimental methods, as well as with human error. It provides preventive measures and solutions for such problems, thereby saving valuable time for researchers. Some of the topics covered are: sudden leaks in vacuum systems, electromagnetic interference in electronic instruments, vibrations in sensitive equipment, and bugs in computer software. The book also discusses mistakes in mathematical calculations, and pitfalls in designing and carrying out experiments. Each chapter contains a summary of its key points, to give a quick overview of important potential problems and their solutions in a given area.
Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics, 5th edition, is a concise, portable handbook summarizing the wide range of conditions encountered in pediatric emergency departments. As children with acute problems often receive care in private offices and clinics, it is equally relevant for pediatricians, emergency medicine physicians, family practitioners and internists. The 5th edition of this hugely successful resource is the leading book of its kind for several reasons: - Clear, concise guidance is given for patient evaluation and follow-up and explicit indications for admission - Every chapter is organized in a standard format, making it very easy for a reader to locate critical information rapidly - A dedicated 'Special Considerations' chapter addresses difficult problems such as the crying infant and the cross-cultural encounter Numerous new topics are included, making Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics, 5th edition an invaluable resource for any physician working in acute care settings where children are seen.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.