- Table View
- List View
What should be the role of foreign actors in Myanmar's political evolution?
This book analyzes Hong Kong's basic political institutions, mediating institutions and political actors, specific policy areas, and its relationships with the international community and the Mainland China. The politics of the HKSAR have often been turbulent in the decade since the 1997 handover. This book presents a comprehensive and systematic analysis of the main strands of continuity and change during the period. It looks first at the core institutions of the SAR, focusing on the Executive, the Legislature, the Judiciary, the Civil Service, District Councils, Advisory and Statutory bodies. It then turns to supporting structures in the wider society, paying particular attention to Political Parties and Election, Civil Society and NGOs, Mass Media and Public Opinions. Analyses of key policy sectors follow, notably Economic Policy, Social Policy and Urban Policy. To finish, the book examines Hong Kong's relations with the Mainland and the wider world. This book is essential for anyone - student, teacher or researcher - interested in Hong Kong's experience during the first decade of the "one country, two systems" experiment.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.