- Table View
- List View
Glass or plastic bottles? Binky or no binky? Disposable or reusable diapers? In this momtomom primer, expectant women will finally find the answers and inspiration they need to best prepare for the new life (theirs and the baby's) that awaits! A musthave for soontobe mommies feeling the stress, this book offers practical and easytoapply advice in a manageable tipbased format. Topics include: Baby names (We have to name her too?) Choosing a pediatrician (More difficult than choosing your mate. ) Sleep for the baby and you (Ah, sleep'how to get it and how to deal when you're not. ) Baby safety (Lock those cabinets and don't forget the toilet!) Activities for baby (What do I do with him once he's here?)
Change a diaper? Soothe a crying baby? Function on just a few hours of sleep? Anything moms can do, dads can do--with a little help! Becoming a father is a colossal event in a man's life. For nine months, he thought about, worried about, and dreamed about his new child, and finally his little bundle of joy is here. So, now what? This all-in-one guide shows new dads how to: *Bond with their new baby *Interpret baby's cries *Be supportive to their partner *Handle the changes to their relationship and sex life *Childproof the house Plus, this new edition features updated advice on safety issues like vaccinations, financial issues like health insurance and retirement, and cool high-tech gadgets to track and treasure each moment of their new baby's life. Complete with medical advice and practical information, this is the new dad's key to raising a happy and healthy baby.
Complete with baby names, safety considerations, and medical advice, The Everything Father's First Year Book is your key to raising a happy and healthy baby.
Your toddler has a meltdown in the middle of a store Your two-year-old is terrified to go to bed at night Your three-year-old refuses to sit on the potty When you're in the middle of a parenting emergency, you need answers fast. Luckily, this guide is the ultimate resource for time-strapped moms who need help--now! Inside, you'll find valuable information to relieve any "mommy moment," such as: Potty-training and bed-wetting Diffusing bad behaviors in public Encouraging socialization Proper nutrition and recipes for easy-to-prepare meals and take-along snacks Getting your child to sleep This handy guide also features more than fifty quick activities you can use to curb an impeding tantrum or entertain little ones when you're on the go. Packed with guidance ranging from how to stop hitting to helping ease separation anxiety, this portable go-to provides answers for any parenting problem!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.