- Table View
- List View
The Professional Protection Officer, the successor to our Protection Officer Training Manual, is a comprehensive training guide and instructional text that covers all of the subjects essential to the effective training of protective officers. This material, now in its eighth edition, has been class-tested for many years and has been the training manual for the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) since 1988. The new book contains brand new chapters on the most significant issues facing the protection officer today, including Central Alarm Stations, Communications, Surveillance, Access Control, Detection Equipment, Apprehension and Detention Procedures, and Information Security. Written by leading security trainers and educators, The Professional Protection Officer retains the exceptional organization and coverage of previous versions and adds critical updates and fresh pedagogy, as well as hundreds of diagrams, illustrations and self-quizzes. This new book is tailored for the training and certification needs of first-line security officers and supervisors throughout the private and public security industry.
This revised edition retains the exceptional organization and coverage of the previous editions and is designed for the training and certification needs of first-line security officers and supervisors throughout the private and public security industry. * Completely updated with coverage of all core security principles * Course text for the Certified Protection Officer (CPO) Program * Includes all new sections on information security, terrorism awareness, and first response during crises.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.