- Table View
- List View
Chicken Soup For The Preteen Soul 2: Stories About Facing Challenges, Realizing Dreams, and Making a Differenceby Mark Victor Hansen Patty Hansen Irene Dunlap Jack L. Canfield
At last the long-awaited follow-up to the 1. 2 million-copy bestseller! Filled with relevant, inspiring and fun stories written mostly by kids, this new volume features a unique, innovative chapter, Rockin' Our World, that highlights real kids achieving real dreams, helping less fortunate people, starting your own business, and utilizing your unique abilities. For a young generation repeatedly exposed to a hostile world, this must-read book promotes positive thinking, giving to others, unity and tolerance. Chapters cover preteen concerns such as friendship, body changes, first crushes, difficult choices, as well as tough issues such as divorce, drugs and alcohol, and dealing with death for the first time.
Today's children live in a world filled with adventure, mental stimulation, topical issues, and personal challenges. The values they learn now, between the ages of 5 and 8, will shape the rest of their lives.
One of the books of Chicken Soup series, this is an interesting book for teenage girls as well as their parents. Gives parents a peek into the lives of today's teenage girls.
A collection of short stories and inspirational anecdotes catering to children on everything from the importance of laughter to the sadness of AIDS.
Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul 2: Read-Aloud or Read-Alone Character-Building Stories for Kids Ages 6-10by Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Patty Hansen Irene Dunlap
This book, designed for kids ages 6-10, features true, character-building stories for kids to enjoy alone or with their parents.
Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul: 101 Stories of Changes, Choices and Growing Up for Kids Ages 9-13by Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Patty Hansen Irene Dunlap
From remembering their own life experience or to watching their own children grow, most people recognize that the preteen years, ages nine to thirteen, can be one of the most awkward times in life-a period of tremendous physical and emotional change. At this age, youngsters are eager to leave the "kid" stage, yet are uncertain about what adolescence will bring; they'd rather listen to peers over parents, and hear all too often to "wait until you're older." Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul will guide kids through this transition. Written by and for preteens, this uplifting collection of stories touches on the emotions and situations they experience every day: making and losing friends, fitting in while keeping their personal identity, discovering the opposite sex, dealing with pressures at school including violence, and coping with family issues such as divorce. Chapters include: On Love, On Family, On Friendship, On Choices, On Changes, On Overcoming Obstacles, Eclectic Wisdom, Tough Stuff, Attitude and Perspective and Achieving Dreams. Contributors indclude: *NSYNC, Mia Hamm, Beverley Mitchell and Karl Malone. Whether first-time Chicken Soup readers or "graduates" of the bestselling Kid's Soul book, preteens are sure to include this in their backpacks and book bags.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas Treasury for Kids: A Story a Day from December 1st Through Christmas for Kids and Their Familiesby Mark Victor Hansen Patty Hansen Irene Dunlap Jack L. Canfield
Christmas is a wonderful time for kids--the anticipation of gifts under the tree, the aroma of once-a-year treats in the oven, the excitement of decorating for holiday festivities, the joy of being with family and friends, all the things that create warm memories that linger throughout our lives. Even big kids, better known as adults, eagerly await that first cup of eggnog, savor the scent of a fresh-cut pine tree, and delight in the discovery of that perfect present for a hard-to-please relative. Christmas is a time of celebrating traditions--those that have been in the family for years, as well as those just recently embraced. Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids will start a new holiday tradition for kids of all ages. With twenty-five true stories--one for each day in December through Christmas Day--this unique treasury will rekindle the Christmas spirit every December first and keep it burning in the hearts of readers throughout the holiday season. As kids and their loved ones read these stories together, they'll realize that the best traditions are those the whole family can share. Kids will read about the "angels among us" who give selflessly to those in need. They'll learn that sometimes the best gifts aren't bought at a store. They'll discover that giving to others can be more joyous than getting everything on their list. And both kids and adults will find these stories wonderful reminders of the true meaning of Christmas and make this book a cherished reading tradition for generations to come.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.