- Table View
- List View
The real facts about your "girls" and how to take care of them "Well, all my friends think they will never have breasts--and it's not funny--because a lot of girls feel this way. " --Elena, 13 "I went up two sizes over summer break! I started seventh grade with a 'C' cup. Then my breasts got weird pink stripes on the side. What happened?" --Veronica, 12 Girls are as anxious and confused about their breasts as ever. That's why Marisa Weiss, M. D. , an oncologist and breast health specialist, and her teenage daughter, Isabel, decided to createTaking Care of Your "Girls. "Together, they polled more than three thousand girls and their moms and came up with a surprisingly huge list of worries and misconceptions. Based on their research, you'll get answers to questions like: * How do I know when I need to get my first bra--and what kind should I get? * Do big breasts have a higher risk of breast cancer than small ones? * How do I get rid of stretch marks? * When will my breasts stop growing? * How do I examine my own breasts? * Will the size of my breasts even out? * Do tanning, antiperspirants, wearing a bra at night, and talking on a cell phone cause breast cancer? A groundbreaking book for both mothers and daughters,Taking Care of Your "Girls"is a practical guide to breast care and a girl-to-girl conversation about the feelings and emotions that come with the territory. "This all-in-one, indispensable breast health guide captures exactly what teen girls and their moms really need: practical, easy-to-read, great advice. It's one of the best gifts you can give to your girl. " --Harvey Karp, M. D. , F. A. A. P. , author ofThe Happiest Toddler on the Block, board member of Healthy Child, Healthy World
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.