- Table View
- List View
One Nation, Under God--TheirsEighteen months ago, America was invaded from within--by the self-proclaimed Army of Allah. Now, U. S. veteran Jake Lantz and a ragtag team of survivalists have built a safehold on Pleasure Island. From this home base in the Gulf, they can reclaim our nation's natural gas wells for Phoenix, freedom's last defense against Islamic invaders. But when U. S. President Ohmshidi publicly admits that he is, and has always been, a Muslim, every American is forced to choose sides--or else. . . With Liberty, And Payback, For AllUnder presidential order, electric power, privileges, and peace will be restored--to any citizen who pledges allegiance to the new regime. Jake and the Phoenix Group are willing to sign up--over their dead bodies. Instead, they're reaching out to patriots across the nation to build an underground network of rebels. Like the Founding Fathers before them, they'll do anything for their country. Swear on their lives. Fight to the death. And blow this New World Order to kingdom come. . . First Time In Print!
The families Jensen and MacCallister are two of the most legendary clans in frontier fiction. Now, the USA Today bestselling authors of A Lone Star Christmas bring them together once more--in a gripping tale of tragedy, survival, love, betrayal, and maybe even a miracle. . . Three days before Christmas, Matt Jensen is traveling the Denver and Pacific railway when an avalanche slams down onto the train, trapping it in desolate Trout Creek Pass. But it wasn't an act of nature that caused the accident; it was a gang of outlaws attempting to rescue their leader, who is being taken to Red Cliff to be hanged. As Smoke Jensen and Duff MacCallister frantically try to make their way to the scene, Matt struggles to save the survivors, among them a beautiful young woman with a dark past, a merchant seaman turned rancher, and a senator with his very ill young daughter. Starving under a bitter, driving snow in the brutal, unforgiving Rocky Mountains, and surrounded by armed and desperate outlaws, Matt still dreams of making it home for Christmas. But unless fate lends a hand, nobody will.
William W. Johnstone: The Greatest Western Writer Of The 21st CenturyWelcome to the peaceful little town of Doubtful, Wyoming, which has more than its fair share of kill-crazy gunslicks, back-shooters, and flat-out dirty desperadoes. It also has a sheriff named Cotton Pickens, who tries his best to keep law and order without getting his head blown off before breakfast. Doubtful's Got A New Deputy. . . For The MomentCotton Pickens got where he is by virtue of a quick draw and slow wit. He knows the difference between lawbreakers you have to lock up. . . and the kind you might as well just let go. Deputy Rusty Irons, though, ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. Someone kidnapped Rusty's mail order brides. They were probably doing Irons a favor, but a deputy in love is blind. As for the carny barkers, medicine show con artists and revival-meeting fly-by-nighters who pass through Doubtful. . . Cotton just tries to keep the traveling hucksters moving. But in one terrible moment it all goes to hell. That's when Doubtful explodes in a frenzy of killing and bloodshed. That's when a lawman like Cotton earns his pay by looking evil straight in the eye. Of course, there's also the matter of keeping his new deputy alive and in one piece.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.