It's common knowledge that Eve gave Adam an apple. Everyone knows that George Washington was the first president of the United States. And when your mother told you not to go swimming right after you ate, you took it as a matter of life and death. But you've been myth-informed by legend, by history . . . even by your mother! The truth is:* Milk chocolate may actually help prevent tooth decay!* If you "eat like a bird," you may eat up to one-half your body weight every single day!* The largest city in America is not New York or Los Angeles, it's Jacksonville, Florida!Now you can face the facts -- on everything from aphrodisiacs to zip codes -- in this alphabetically arranged collection of more than 590 fabulous fallacies and memorable misconceptions. You won't know what you're missing until you've mastered MYTH INFORMATION.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.