- Table View
- List View
Veronica Sparks is hitting the road! She has practically memorizedSeize the Way: Ten Weeks to SuperSize Your Life!and she is going to shake the dust of her little town off her shoes and see the world! Well, someday. For now she's hitting the road in an RV with her cantankerous grandfather at the wheel and her hyperactive little brother in the backseat. Ronnie's grandfather is a wind prospector, and they are heading across Kansas in search of a good stiff breeze. Okay, so it's not the trip of her dreams. But with her newly affirmatized attitude, Ronnie figures that travelling somewhere is better than travelling nowhere. That is, until her little brother manages to disappear into thin air. . . . On one weird, windy, wild ride across the prairie, Ronnie discovers that there are some things you just can't plan for or seize control of--but that sometimes a little chaos is just what a girl needs.
Hating the Japanese was simple before she met Sogoji. Pearl Harbor was bombed on Hazel Anderson's birthday and she's been on the lookout for enemies ever since. She scours the skies above Mount Hood with her binoculars, hoping to make some crucial observation, or uncover the hideout of enemy spies. But what she discovers instead is a 15-year-old orphan, hiding out, trying to avoid being sent to an internment camp. Sogoji was born in America. He's eager to help Hazel with the war effort. Is this lonely boy really the enemy? In this thought-provoking story of patriotism, loyalty, and belonging, Hazel must decide what it means to be a true American, and a true friend. From the Hardcover edition.
The year is 1597. Elizabeth is queen. Shakespeare and the Lord Chamberlain's Men are packing London's Globe Theatre. And the severed heads of Catholic insurgents are impaled on the Tower's gates. One 14-year-old boy should arouse no one's interest. But within a week of his arrival, Richard Malory is robbed, beaten, and threatened at knifepoint. Someone wants him to leave London, and Richard is determined to find out why. There's only one place he'll be safe: as an actor on the stage. As he begins to unravel the traitorous plot that has ensnared him, Richard must make a difficult decision. Will he play the part set out for him--or can he become the playmaker of his own life?
Intrigue abounds both on and off the stage in this rollicking mystery set within Shakespeare's theater company. Kit Glover is London's finest boy actor. Audiences flock to see him portray imperious queens and scheming noblewomen. But off the stage Kit's manner is harder to make out. Now cool and disdainful, next fierce and angry, then madcap and bawdy-his personality changes so rapidly and so often that fellow actor Richard is unsure which is the real Kit, or if his true nature is something else again. But Richard is certain of one thing: Kit is involved with some nefarious companions- much like young Prince Hal in Shakespeare's latest play, Henry IV. And Richard suspects that these low companions are behind a series of crimes that could cost the company its good standing and could cost Kit his head. And so, reluctantly, Richard allows himself to be drawn into the conspiracy to help his rival-this fascinating, infuriating, troubled prince of a boy, teetering on the brink of becoming either a king . . . or a criminal. From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.