- Table View
- List View
Belle is a quarter-horse who lives in a big city park. Emmy is a shy young girl who has just moved to the big city from the country. Emmy is afraid of things in the city and needs a friend.
When Jenny discovers barrel racing, she cannot wait to give it a try. Luckily, Jenny's dad has the perfect horse, Dash. Dash is very fast, but Jenny must learn to control him around all the tight turns in the barrel racing course.
From North America's mountains to Africa's deserts, this book will help kids learn the locations of states, countries, and continents around the world. They will also learn about the features that make up each region, including: What's growing in the Amazon Rainforest; The longest river in the world - the Nile in Africa; The ?frozen Ts? of Asia - the tundra and the taiga; Shelves of ice in Antarctica; The uniqueness of the Australian Outback; and more. With exciting puzzles and activities, this book is a great tool for teachers and parents who want to make learning fun for kids. Before long, young readers will be reading maps and navigating tough terrain like bona fide geographers!
THE SPOOKY WHEELS ON THE BUS is a humorous Halloween-themed version of the classic song THE WHEELS ON THE BUS. . . with a few ghoulish tricks and treats up its sleeves! Count from One Spooky Bus up to Ten Goofy Ghosts as this Halloween ride races through town picking up a few unsuspecting passengers along the way.
Why is the sky blue? What makes a balloon float? Why can't I see in the dark? You can discover the answers to these questions and more with The Everything Kids' Easy Science Experiments Book. Using easy-to-find household materials like soda bottles and flashlights, you can build bubbles, create plastic--even make raisins dance! All of the experiments are kid-tested and educational--but more importantly, they're tons of fun! These quick and easy experiments help you to: Explore your five senses Discover density and sound Delve into seasons, life cycles, and weather Investigate electricity and light Study the solar system and landforms Examine matter and acids/bases This is the perfect book for a rainy Saturday, a lazy vacation day, or even after school. You'll have so much fun conducting the experiments, you'll forget that you're actually learning about science!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.