- Table View
- List View
Belle is a quarter-horse who lives in a big city park. Emmy is a shy young girl who has just moved to the big city from the country. Emmy is afraid of things in the city and needs a friend.
When Jenny discovers barrel racing, she cannot wait to give it a try. Luckily, Jenny's dad has the perfect horse, Dash. Dash is very fast, but Jenny must learn to control him around all the tight turns in the barrel racing course.
From North America's mountains to Africa's deserts, this book will help kids learn the locations of states, countries, and continents around the world. They will also learn about the features that make up each region, including: What's growing in the Amazon Rainforest; The longest river in the world - the Nile in Africa; The ?frozen Ts? of Asia - the tundra and the taiga; Shelves of ice in Antarctica; The uniqueness of the Australian Outback; and more. With exciting puzzles and activities, this book is a great tool for teachers and parents who want to make learning fun for kids. Before long, young readers will be reading maps and navigating tough terrain like bona fide geographers!
THE SPOOKY WHEELS ON THE BUS is a humorous Halloween-themed version of the classic song THE WHEELS ON THE BUS. . . with a few ghoulish tricks and treats up its sleeves! Count from One Spooky Bus up to Ten Goofy Ghosts as this Halloween ride races through town picking up a few unsuspecting passengers along the way.
Why is the sky blue? What makes a balloon float? Why can't I see in the dark? You can discover the answers to these questions and more with The Everything Kids' Easy Science Experiments Book. Using easy-to-find household materials like soda bottles and flashlights, you can build bubbles, create plastic--even make raisins dance! All of the experiments are kid-tested and educational--but more importantly, they're tons of fun! These quick and easy experiments help you to: Explore your five senses Discover density and sound Delve into seasons, life cycles, and weather Investigate electricity and light Study the solar system and landforms Examine matter and acids/bases This is the perfect book for a rainy Saturday, a lazy vacation day, or even after school. You'll have so much fun conducting the experiments, you'll forget that you're actually learning about science!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.