- Table View
- List View
You've seen him on the Food Network's Chopped, Chefs vs. City, and Heat Seekers. You've savored his lovingly prepared dishes at Centrico in New York City. Now, with Simple Food, Big Flavor, award-winning restaurateur Aarón Sánchez brings the amazing tastes and aromas found in his kitchen to yours. Aarón Sánchez's passion for food has placed him among the country's leading contemporary Latin chefs. He has earned a premiere spot in the world of culinaria, introducing an enthusiastic national audience to his technique and creativity with modern interpretations of classic Latin cuisine. In Simple Food, Big Flavor, rather than over-whelming readers with complex, intimidating dishes, he starts small, showing how one simple but fabulous "base" recipe can become many fantastic dishes. Take Garlic-Chipotle Love, a blend of roasted garlic, canned chipotles in adobo, cilantro, and lime zest that keeps in the fridge for weeks or in the freezer for months. Once you make it, you're just a few steps away from delicious dishes like Chipotle-Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Bean and Butternut Squash Picadillo, and Mussels with Beer and Garlic-Chipotle Love. And that's just the beginning. Sánchez features fifteen of these flavor base recipes, including Roasted Tomato Salsa, Cilantro-Cotija Pesto, and homemade Dulce de Leche. He even shares his plan of attack for making the perfect mole and how to team it up with roasted Cornish game hens, turkey enchiladas, and the ultimate crowd pleaser, braised beef short ribs. He then provides detailed yet easy tips for applying each sauce to everyday meals, whether you spread it on hamburgers, turn it into a marinade for easy grilled chicken, or stir in a little oil and lime for salad dressing with a kick. With his warm and engaging style, Sánchez equips home cooks with the skills and knowledge they need to come up with their own simple, flavorful meals every night of the week. Your kitchen will be en fuego! As Sánchez says, your food will go from inspiring smiles and polite nods to igniting ridiculous grins and bear hugs. Enjoy!
Discover the flavors of Mexican street food in your own kitchenAmericans are having a love affair with the taco. What began as affection for the fast-food version--that hard yellow shell filled with ground beef and mysterious yellow cheese--has blossomed into an all-out obsession for the real thing, with upscale renditions and taco trucks popping up from coast to coast.Now, with Tacos, Tortas, and Tamales, chef Roberto Santibañez shows you how to recreate the thrilling, authentic flavors of the taquerias of Mexico in your own home. In addition to tacos, the book also explores the equally exciting Mexican sandwiches called tortas and hearty tamales, as well as salsas, condiments, fresh juices, and even desserts and refreshing margaritas.Author Roberto Santibañez is also the author of Rosa's New Mexican Table and Truly Mexican, as well as the chef and owner of Fonda restaurants in Brooklyn and ManhattanSantibañez's Truly Mexican was chosen as a New York Times Notable Cookbook of 2011Using easy-to-find ingredients and simple techniques, this is the perfect introduction to real Mexican cooking for enthusiastic beginners and experienced cooks alikeWhile the flavors you'll find here are exciting and complex, the cooking itself is anything but complicated. With Tacos, Tortas, and Tamales on your kitchen shelf, dinner will never be dull again.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.