- Table View
- List View
Clinical management and signs are the focus of this practical cardiogenetic reference for those who are involved in the care for cardiac patients with a genetic disease. With detailed discussion of the basic science of cardiogenetics in order to assist in the clinical understanding of the topic. The genetic causes of various cardiovascular diseases are explained in a concise clinical way that reinforces the current management doctrine in a practical manner. The authors will cover the principles of molecular genetics in general but also specific to cardiac diseases. They will discuss the etiology, pathogenesis, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, clinical diagnosis, molecular diagnosis and treatment of each cardiogenetic disease separately. Therapy advice, ICD indications, indications for and manner of further family investigation will all be covered, while each chapter will also contain take-home messages to reinforce the key points. The chapters reviewing the different diseases will each contain a table describing the genes involved in each. Each chapter will also contain specific illustrations, cumulatively giving a complete, practical review of each cardiogenetic disease separately. Special emphasis will be given to advice on how to diagnose and manage cardiogenetic diseases in clinical practice, which genes should be investigated and why, and the pros and cons of genetic testing. Guidelines for investigation in families with sudden cardiac death at young age will also be included. This book will be written for the general cardiologist and the clinical geneticist who is involved in cardiac patients and will provide answers to question such as: Which genes are involved and which mutations? What is the effect of the mutation at cellular level? Which genes should be tested and why? What is the value of a molecular diagnosis? Does it influence therapy? When should the first degree relatives be tested and in which way?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.