- Table View
- List View
Oh, a funny place is the Land of Nod,And funny the people there; The dewdrops all sprout like peas in a pod, While blossoms the doughnut fair. The griddle-cake bush runs syrup for sapThe plum-trees grow puddings so fat; Yes, the Land of Nod is the best on the map, The finest I ever was at. When Tinkie and Tess refuse to go to sleep on Christmas Eve, they catch the Sand Man on his evening rounds. The three of them fly away together on a moonbeam to the Land of Nod, where they encounter the Welsh Rabbit, the Educated Cow, King Snooze, and other extraordinary characters. This bedtime story classic features numerous enchanting illustrations from the original 1909 edition by Edward L. Chase.
Robin Hood and his merry men have been apart of American culture for generations. Their lives living in Sherwood Forest while fighting the Sheriff have graced books, comics, movies and TV. Robin and his men stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Their adventures are full of sword flights, daring escapes, romance with the beautiful Maid Marion, and the humor of Friar Tuck. After seeing the movies and the TV shows it is a delight to go back and read the original
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.