- Table View
- List View
The founding of the Roman principate was a time of great turmoil. During the nascent stages of this change, there was an evolving sense of empire and inheritance. By bringing together a set of important Latin inscriptions, including the recently discovered documents concerning the death of Germanicus and trial of Calpurnius Piso, this book illustrates the developing sense of dynasty that underpinned the new monarchy of Augustus. Students can see the process by which monarchy of Roman Empire was established by examining contemporary official documents and also understand why some inscriptions were established permanently. It provides a historical commentary on the inscriptions that will be useful to students and scholars alike and supplies important technical help in understanding the production of documents and inscriptions. These technical explanations make it an excellent starting point for introducing students to Roman epigraphy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.