- Table View
- List View
This four-volume set presents 80 previously published articles. Right up front in the first volume is a listing of additional readings--109 in all--for each theme, suggesting that the decisions about which articles to include were not easy to make. A general introduction and section introductions set the material in context and include discussion of the rationale for the selections and avenues of inquiry and synthesis. The themes include, among others, the domain of macromarketing; society's impact on markets and marketing systems; ethics; distributive justice; controversies pertaining to freer trade, international development assistance, economic growth and reduced poverty, and globalization; sustainable consumption and global warming; and, in conclusion, a selection on problems of the commons. Sources include J. of Marketing, J. of Macromarketing, J. of Public Policy & Marketing, Annual Review of Sociology, The European J. of Development Research, J. of Business Ethics, and J. of Economic Perspectives, among others; many, but not all, are Sage Publications. The three editors are affiliated as follows: Stanley J. Shapiro (emeritus, marketing and business, Simon Fraser U. , Vancouver, Canada); Mark Tadajewski (critical marketing, U. of Leicester, UK), and Clifford J. Shultz II (marketing--particular focus on development in the Balkans, Southeast Asia, and transitional economies generally, Loyola U. Chicago). There is no indexing. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.