- Table View
- List View
An unmatched collection of delicious low-calorie recipes from the award-winning 1,000 Recipes seriesThis incredible cookbook is packed with tasty, low-calorie recipes that the whole family will love. The recipes cover every meal of the day and give home cooks an unparalleled variety of meals and ideas for eating healthfully--for a lifetime. Every recipe clocks in at less than 500 calories, but most are no more than 300 calories per serving. They're easy to make and take the guesswork out of portion control and calorie counting. Recipes include complete nutrition information, and full menus help home cooks maintain a balanced eating approach--naturally.1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes covers finger foods and snacks; salads and soups; meat, poultry, fish, and vegetarian entrees; breads and muffins; and yes, even desserts and cocktails. You'll find rustic comfort foods like Five-Spice Turkey Chili, favorites like Pizza Margherita, main courses like Tart Apple-Stuffed Pork Loin, plus innovative recipes that will intrigue and satisfy you, like Caprese Salad Lasagna, Five-Spice Yam Frites, Brooklyn Lager Baked Beans, Homemade Pretzel Puffs, Fudgy Superfood Brownies, and Chocolate Mint Almond-tini.Written by Jackie Newgent, a well-respected Registered Dietitian and cookbook author who writes for and is interviewed by national media, such as The Dr. Oz Show, Cooking Light, Health, and Redbook, among othersIncludes clever advice on stocking a low-calorie pantry, maintaining a healthy weight, diet-friendly cooking, nutritious ingredient substitutions, full menus, and moreFeatures ingredients that are fresh and flavorful, keeping with Jackie Newgent's "real foods" philosophy: nothing is artificialWhether you're following a particular diet or just want a single go-to guide for nutritious family meals, 1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes is the ultimate resource.
Most diabetes cookbooks rely on artificial sweeteners or not-so-real substitutions to reduce calories, sugar, and fat, but often at the expense of flavor. The All-Natural Diabetes Cookbook takes a different approach, focusing on naturally delicious fresh foods and whole-food ingredients to create fantastic meals that deliver amazing taste and well-rounded nutrition. And absolutely nothing is artificial. Natural, fresh cooking isn't just healthy--it's delicious!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.