- Table View
- List View
The Individualized Fitness Prescription for Your Body Type Do you wonder why the latest fitness fad doesn't work for you? Have you lifted weights for months, dreaming of toned, defined muscles, with no results? Have you exercised regularly for months -- or even years -- without seeing any changes in your body? If you answered yes to any of these questions, chances are your exercise routine is incomplete and wrong for your body type. Everyone -- men and women alike -- has a natural shape: Hourglass® Spoon® Ruler® Cone® And there's a right and a wrong way to exercise for each. By exercising right for your body type you'll finally see stubborn problem areas start to change in a matter of weeks -- the kind of change that will motivate you to continue until you meet your goals and beyond. You don't need to buy expensive equipment or devote hours a day to this program. Whether you're twenty-two or seventy-two, a regular at the gym or making a serious commitment to exercise for the first time in your life, the man Fit magazine calls the "Shape Master" puts the most important tool for success in your hands: a detailed step-by-step workout for your body type that you can perform anywhere. With consistent workouts fueled by quantifiable results, you will dramatically change your body for the better and for the rest of your life.
Hold It! You should know that: Walking is not one of the best exercises and will never get you fit For certain body types, stair climbers will not trim your thighs and buttocks or give you slim hips You do not need expensive health club memberships to become fit You do not need to exercise for more than an hour a day to lose weight or increase your fitness level Hold It! You're Exercising Wrong analyzes popular exercise techniques and explains why they do or do not work. Using his client-proven methods of fitness, Edward Jackowski renames body types and stresses their importance when choosing an exercise routine, details the four essential phases of any workout, lists the best exercises for weight loss, and provides motivational techniques to keep you going. Interspersing more than 150 tips on health and exercise, Hold It! You're Exercising Wrong is a no-nonsense, all-you-need-to-know guide to getting fit and staying that way.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.