- Table View
- List View
Autobiography: In this charming childhood memoir Anne Jackson tells the fetching, poignant tale of how a spunky little red-haired kid made her way from a backyard talent show to Broadway, to become one of the most accomplished and respected actresses of our time.
In May 2008, Anne Jackson asked a question onher blog, "What is one thing you feel you can't say in church?" Hundreds responded. Everyone had a story.Permission to Speak Freely is the unique new project and movement of author AnneJackson, who is finished with keeping brokenness in the dark. Bringing to lightthe original intent of God's sanctuary as a place of help and healing, Annereveals that through confession, both to God and to others, we can live livesthat are whole and healed.Told with disarming transparency, Anne shareswhat led to her own addictions and the ensuing lifestyle that left her woundedand withdrawn, but ultimately rescued and redeemed. She includes dramaticstories of others who also learned to abandon their fear, pride, and masks; toidentify their hurts; and to find the courage to speak freely.Their confessions, submitted as mixed mediapieces, photography, and sketches, were collected from people across the world,and are included throughout the book. Readers will share in the opportunity tofind their own path to redemption and freedom.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.