- Table View
- List View
History and geography both help us understand the world around us. History is the study of the past. Geography is the study of place. Geography helps us learn not only where places are but also how they differ and why.
Help your students learn about the roots of contemporary United States struggles and the blossoming of American enterprise from the early 1900s to the year 2009. Topics are presented from a biblical perspective and include the influence of the automobile and airplane, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, struggles over civil rights, and significant wars from the time period.
The American Republic provides students with a survey of the history and heritage of the United States from Christian worldview.
Tour the lands, peoples, and cultures of ancient civilizations in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas with the all new Heritage Studies 6 Student Text. This will help students learn the history and influences of these peoples on religion and the world today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.