- Table View
- List View
In this portable (5x8") supplementary text designed for advanced students, the authors "have tried to make up for the lack of visual content with our lucid prose and biting wit. " Using plain language and a minimum of academic terminology, Jackson (chair, leadership department, U. of Auckland Business School, Australia) and Parry (director, the Center for Leadership Studies, Bond U. ) emphasize the interdisciplinary and applied nature of leadership, and integrate material on doing, observing, talking, reading, and writing about leadership. A unique feature of the text is its balanced coverage of both leader-centered and follower-centered perspectives, as well as cultural and cross-cultural perspectives. Later chapters present the work of researchers who argue that conventional leadership studies tend to reinforce the status quo, and look at attempts to rehabilitate leadership in response to corporate scandals and financial crises. An appendix offers lists of popular and reference books, journals, associations, research centers, and Hollywood films that deal with leadership. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Written for students who want to question what they are learning in their leadership course but are short on time, this entertaining and accessible book will be the perfect accompaniment to any course on leadership. With controversial ideas and funny stories, it covers topics that readers will recognize from their course and some new but equally important areas to challenge their thinking. Part of a highly popular new series this book will make you better able to question and understand this burgeoning field.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.