- Table View
- List View
In this portable (5x8") supplementary text designed for advanced students, the authors "have tried to make up for the lack of visual content with our lucid prose and biting wit. " Using plain language and a minimum of academic terminology, Jackson (chair, leadership department, U. of Auckland Business School, Australia) and Parry (director, the Center for Leadership Studies, Bond U. ) emphasize the interdisciplinary and applied nature of leadership, and integrate material on doing, observing, talking, reading, and writing about leadership. A unique feature of the text is its balanced coverage of both leader-centered and follower-centered perspectives, as well as cultural and cross-cultural perspectives. Later chapters present the work of researchers who argue that conventional leadership studies tend to reinforce the status quo, and look at attempts to rehabilitate leadership in response to corporate scandals and financial crises. An appendix offers lists of popular and reference books, journals, associations, research centers, and Hollywood films that deal with leadership. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Written for students who want to question what they are learning in their leadership course but are short on time, this entertaining and accessible book will be the perfect accompaniment to any course on leadership. With controversial ideas and funny stories, it covers topics that readers will recognize from their course and some new but equally important areas to challenge their thinking. Part of a highly popular new series this book will make you better able to question and understand this burgeoning field.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.