This textbook aims to introduce students to key concepts in public relations, using a wide range of interdisciplinary sources, as well as teaching students how to think critically about public relations. It is designed to help readers understand the paradigms which have shaped the discipline and the practice. The book is intended to be accessible, engaging, quirky, and fun. The book helps students engage with difficult questions about public relations. Readers are encouraged to reflect upon their own relationship with the occupation through exercises, critical reflections, questions for discussion, and vignettes. Students are helped to widen their intellectual perspective on the subject of public relations through 'discipline boxes' which explain source domains, their origins and approaches, and connections to public relations.
Sport is one of the world's major businesses but it is also entertainment, celebrity, fandom and social cohesion, forming a central aspect of culture and communication. Public relations is part of the process at all levels, whether handling major sponsorship and media rights deals, events, promoting stars or increasing participation. This book: * explains how PR issues arise for sport and sports business and how PR approaches and thinking may be used to solve them * shows how and when the sports industry needs PR experts * explores the connection between strategy and communication, as they apply to sport and PR * teaches students strategic and critical thinking essential for PR work. Sports Public Relations is an essential guide for students in PR, sport studies, sport marketing and sport communication.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.