- Table View
- List View
This refreshing, introductory textbook covers both standard techniques for solving ordinary differential equations, as well as introducing students to qualitative methods such as phase-plane analysis. The presentation is concise, informal yet rigorous; it can be used either for 1-term or 1-semester courses. Topics such as Euler's method, difference equations, the dynamics of the logistic map, and the Lorenz equations, demonstrate the vitality of the subject, and provide pointers to further study. The author also encourages a graphical approach to the equations and their solutions, and to that end the book is profusely illustrated. The files to produce the figures using MATLAB are all provided in an accompanying website. Numerous worked examples provide motivation for and illustration of key ideas and show how to make the transition from theory to practice. Exercises are also provided to test and extend understanding: solutions for these are available for teachers.
The rigorous mathematical theory of the equations of fluid dynamics has been a focus of intense activity in recent years. This volume is the product of a workshop held at the University of Warwick to consolidate, survey and further advance the subject. The Navier-Stokes equations feature prominently: the reader will find new results concerning feedback stabilisation, stretching and folding, and decay in norm of solutions to these fundamental equations of fluid motion. Other topics covered include new models for turbulent energy cascade, existence and uniqueness results for complex fluids and certain interesting solutions of the SQG equation. The result is an accessible collection of survey articles and more traditional research papers that will serve both as a helpful overview for graduate students new to the area and as a useful resource for more established researchers.
This work helps readers master the science and art of performance consulting, looking at analytical and assessment techniques as well as consultative and partnering practices. This second edition covers dozens of new tools and techniques, with numerous templates, checklists, and graphics available on the publisher's web site. There is a new chapter on how to proactively identify performance consulting opportunities. Another new chapter answers questions the authors have been asked frequently in the years since the first edition was published. Exercises, key points, and a glossary are included, along with real-life examples of people who have put the techniques described in the book into practice. The readership for the book includes professionals in training, human resources, and organizational development. The authors are consultants. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Organizations are becoming increasingly complex, and the requirements to manage and optimize the people working in these organizations are also becoming more complex.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.