James Douglas Barron offers humorous, practical advice for the guy who has trouble making commitment. Telling his one story of dating and engagement, he tackles the problems that plague millions of men: "Is She The One?" "No Other Woman for the Rest of My Life?" "Will We Love Each Other When We're Shriveled Up Old Raisins?" Barron gives the quick, invaluable tips on how to get over the hurdle of proposal, engagement, planning the wedding, and getting to the altar.
She's had the Baby, you're a daddy -- now what? James Barron draws on his own experience, the experiences of countless others, and on insights from mothers on what they think new fathers should know to offer advice on balancing the demands of being a good father and a good husband, from the infant through the toddler years. He includes tips on: recapturing the romantic days of just the two of you vacationing with toddlers distinguishing between needing to call the pediatrician and pestering the pediatrician having sex while your 1-1/2 year-old is in the house Hardly a standard child-rearing book, She's Had a Baby doesn't diagnose allergies or suggest developmentally appropriate toys. Rather, in bite-sized observations, Barron champions the joys and anxieties of daddyhood, while helping a man to cope with the ups and downs a relationship can go through during this time.
Insider tips and advice for men on the roller-coaster ride called pregnancy and childbirth--the ideal gift for any expectant Father's Day James Barron, two-time dad, has written a funny, down-to-earth, and practical book that every man needs when his wife is expecting a baby. He offers suggestions on what to do (and how to act!) from those first moments of anticipation to the main event, including: Helping her deal with her physical and emotional changes Early pregnancy sex (getting used to the new constraints) Keeping up with insurance papers and other forms Dealing with your fears that something will go wrong Middle pregnancy sex (enjoyable surprise!) The top ten things never to say to a pregnant woman Questions you should ask the obstetrician Late pregnancy sex (challenging, but possible) Starting out--the first six weeks of fatherhood This unique book will bring a smile or two to the men--and to the women who love them--while providing precious assistance to make pregnancy the experience of a lifetime.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.