History textbook of America since the Civil War.
History textbook for New York students.
A textbook for United States history from earliest Indian civilizations to the present, with maps, charts, activities, study questions, and review chapters.
You can use this book as a tool to master American history. Spend a few minutes becoming familiar with the way the book is set up, and see how you can unlock the secrets of American history.
For your classes in American History, McGraw-Hill introduces the latest edition of U*S: A Narrative History, part of the acclaimed M Series. The M Series started with you and your students. After extensive market research to gain insight into students' learning behavior and instructor's desired course outcomes, we learned that students want text programs with visual appeal and content designed according to the way they learn. Instructors desire greater student involvement in the course content without compromising on high quality content. From a known and trusted author team, U*S: A Narrative History tells the story the American people, with all the visually engaging, personally involving material that your students want within an engaging magazine format that helps students better connect with the nation's past. Additionally, this innovative text provides instructors with scholarly, succinct, and conventionally organized core content within a unified narrative that is continental in scope. Best of all, the U*S: A Narrative History program now offers Connect History, an innovative online assignment and assessment platform, which combines a fully integrated eBook with powerful learning and teaching tools. Tools that make assessment easier, learning more engaging, and studying more efficient. For example within Connect History, a groundbreaking adaptive diagnostic, LearnSmart, provides a personalized study experience for each student ensuring the mastery of basic chapter content. Additionally with Connect History, engaging interactivities such as Critical Missions immerse students in pivotal historical events, asks them to explore these situations, and then, make recommendations based on their findings. Connect History sharpens students' analytical skills, increases historical understanding, and improves overall course success. U*S: A Narrative History is more current, more portable, and more captivating. Its rigorous and innovative research foundation, plus Connect History adds up to: more learning. When you meet students where they are, you can take them where you want them to be.
For your classes in American History, McGraw-Hill introduces the latest edition of U.S.: A Narrative History, part of the acclaimed M Series. Social studies textbook.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.