- Table View
- List View
Help. . . . Cubicle Life Is Killing Me! Leaving no stone unturned, no ergonomic chair unadjusted, and no leftovers in the communal fridge uneaten, this hilarious guide to cubicle life will be the salvation for the more than forty million Americans stuck in cubicles. By turns uproariously funny and enormously useful, each chapter tackles a different area of cubicle life and includes a "cube tip," a quiz, illustrations, and examples that will have you laughing out loud. Discover * how not to disturb colleagues with unwanted sounds and smells, such as the crunch-crunch of your sour-cream-and-onion chips and the unmistakable odor of your spicy Thai shrimp * how to knock when visiting other cubicles and how to devise politically correct ways of saying "Do not disturb" * the do's and definite don'ts of cubicle decoration * how to set up a security system that will rebuff potential thieves The Cubicle Survival Guidecould very well change your life and set you climbing the corporate ladder to success!* * Results not guaranteed. Pay raises and promotions are up to your boss, but using this book couldn't hurt. Praise forThe Cubicle Survival Guide: "A spiritual air conditioner for the cubicled soul. " -- Turk Regan, author ofPimp My Cubicle:Take Your Workspace from Boring to Bling! "James Thompson'sThe Cubicle Survival Guideoffers the rare, and definitely appreciated, combination of laugh-out-loud humor and sound advice for surviving the jungle that is Corporate America. On some days, there's nothing more motivating to fresh air-starved cube dwellers than a book that will simply crack them up. This is that book. " -- Alexandra Levit, Author,TheyDon't Teach Corporate in College "If you must work (and I don't recommend it),The Cubicle Survival Guideprovides a wonderful way to slack off and stay entertained. You can easily kill two weeks with this book. " -- Josh Aiello, Author,60 People to Avoid at the Water Cooler "Thompson provides a humorous yet thought-provoking look at what employees in today's large organizations must deal withbesidestheir jobs. " -- Malcolm O. Munro, Author,From Cave to Cubicle From the Trade Paperback edition.
Absinthe's renaissance is quickly growing into a culinary movement. The "Green Fairy" is now showing up on cocktail menus at chic restaurants around the country. A Taste for Absinthe celebrates this storied and complex liquor by bringing you 65 cocktail recipes from America's hottest mixologists to enjoy as you discover the spirit that has fascinated artists, musicians, and writers for centuries.Absinthe expert R. Winston Guthrie shares the intriguing history of this famous beverage and a wide range of absinthe cocktails crafted by celebrated bartenders such as Jim Meehan of New York's PDT, Erik Adkins of San Francisco's Slanted Door, and Eric Alperin of The Varnish in Los Angeles. In addition to the recipes--such as the Salute to Sazerac (with rye whiskey, Angostura bitters, and lemon peel) and the Green Goddess (fresh basil leaves, cucumber vodka, simple syrup, line juice, and fresh thyme)--you will find: - a primer on the accoutrements (spoons, glasses, fountains) for serving absinthe- a how-to on executing your own absinthe drip- a guide to buying the best-quality absinthe (whether imported or domestic)- a lesson on how to discern between real absinthe and fake - sidebars on absinthe's rich history Whether you want to learn everything you need to know to host "L'Heure Verte" (the Green Hour) and impress your friends with your beautiful accoutrements and practiced pouring technique, or just make a really delicious drink, A Taste for Absinthe will bring you up to speed on the most talked about liquor in history.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.