- Table View
- List View
Based on conversations with those involved and surviving documentation.
This authoritative, user-friendly book offers a complete introduction to the art and science of mental health diagnosis. Meeting a key need for students and novice clinicians, James Morrison, the author of the bestselling DSM-IV Made Easy, systematically takes the reader through every step of the process. He provides clear-cut principles and decision trees for evaluating information from a variety of sources and for constructing a valid working diagnosis that serves as a foundation for treatment. Special features include quick-reference tables, sidebars explaining key concepts, and over 100 case examples that bring the approach to life.
This popular practitioner guide and course text takes the reader step by step through diagnostic decision making in mental health. Acclaimed for both the clarity of his writing and his clinical expertise, James Morrison provides principles and decision trees for evaluating information from multiple sources and constructing a valid, clinically useful working diagnosis. More than 100 vivid vignettes--from the straightforward to the toughest cases--illustrate the practical application of these methods. Essential topics include developing a differential diagnosis, dealing with comorbidity; and determining when physical illness may be the cause of mental health symptoms. New to This Edition *Revised throughout for DSM-5. *Updated resources and suggested readings.
This book takes the reader through a step-by-step diagnostic process for every DSM-IV category, and explains how to derive a complete five-axis diagnosis. Each set of criteria is discussed in detail, illustrated by vivid clinical vignettes and interpreted in lucid terms.
Designed for students in all mental health disciplines and for professionals who wish to hone their skills, this user-friendly, jargon-free text clearly shows how to conduct a successful diagnostic interview. The book covers a broad range of personalities and problems, offering fresh insight on how to elicit key information from even the most challenging patient. Focusing on both content and process, it details what should be asked and describes the best methods for posing clinical questions. Many illustrative clinical vignettes enliven the presentation throughout. Appendixes feature a sample interview and written report, abbreviated DSM-IV diagnoses for easy reference, and more.
This indispensable clinical guidebook describes and illustrates how to conduct a successful diagnostic mental health interview. James Morrison details effective methods for posing clinical questions; what the clinician should ask to obtain complete, accurate information; and how to select the best strategy to meet any clinical situation. Throughout, the author interweaves research on what works in mental health interviewing along with fresh insights on how to build rapport and enhance patient motivation. New to This Edition Chapter on troubleshooting. Semi structured interview with permission to photocopy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.