- Table View
- List View
Big Fiction Advice from a Little Book There is nothing little about the dynamic fiction-writing advice insideThe Writer's Little Helper. With big ideas, time-saving tips, and revision-made-easy charts, James V. Smith, Jr. offers effective guidance in short, easily checklists, Q&As, and practical tools. This book gives you everything you need to: Create great characters Maintain a compelling pace Craft believable dialogue Expand your creativity Revise your work to perfection Attract agent's and editor's attention And much, much more! The unique format of the book allows you to read from start to finish or to focus just on areas where your fiction needs work. With valuable and surprising tips on every page,The Writer's Little Helperis sure to become your biggest fiction writing aid.
Turn Your Big Idea into a Salable Novel Do you have an idea for a great novel? Have you always dreamed of writing a bestseller? Are you at a loss for where to start? Look no further. You Can Write a Novel, 2nd Edition, gives you concrete, proven techniques to get from idea, to manuscript, to bookstore. Veteran author James V. Smith, Jr. , breaks down the novel writing process into ten logical steps. You'll start building the foundation for your book right away by taking your story's three most importance incidents from brainstorm to final draft perfection. Smith's approach will guide you through a practical sequence designed to keep you focused, organized, and moving forward. You Can Write a Novel skillfully and simply addresses the essentials, such as plot, character, setting, dialogue, and action. You'll learn how to generate a salable idea, develop your idea into a framework, and build your framework into a finished manuscript. This edition includes new brainstorming tools, fresh plot and character organization strategies, and innovative tools to evaluate your story's readability and pacing-plus, you'll find the one-word key to every best-selling novel. And, as always, Smith's upbeat, accessible style will cheer you on from start to finish.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.