- Table View
- List View
Vintage Looks Meet Modern FashionDior's New Look silhouette. Jackie Kennedy's sheath dress. Madonna's bustier. Fashion trends come and go, but certain iconic styles never fade. Make them for yourself with BurdaStyle's new guide to sewing fashion through the decades. Five adaptable master patterns for tops, dresses, and pants are transformed into nineteen unique projects for both women and men that draw inspiration from key fashion moments. These influential looks--from the Roaring Twenties to the Awesome Eighties--are all modernized and reinterpreted for today's sewing enthusiasts. BurdaStyle, the world's largest online community of people who sew, is synonymous with stylish sewing and high-quality patterns. In this follow-up to The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook, they provide step-by-step instructions and techniques for customizing the enclosed master patterns into new design variations, all perfectly fitted for you. You'll also get a taste of fashion history--the essential designers, signature trends, and style icons from each era--to help you channel your inner Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, or Yves Saint Laurent. BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern combines the best of fashion from the past with an updated approach to sewing. Whether you prefer a slim-fit pant, the perfect men's button-down, or a versatile shift dress, this book offers a classic collection that will last you a lifetime.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.