- Table View
- List View
Whether it's facts about dinosaurs or a myth about oceans that they always thought was true, the fun facts in this book are guaranteed to amaze kids and parents alike. From weird animal behavior to ancient civilizations, from mighty dinosaurs to fabulous inventions kids can discover the remarkable truth or uncover amazing myth busters. First, they can test their knowledge at the beginning of each chapter and then turn the page to find out what is true and what is false. True or False: Cockroaches can survive without their heads - True! Since they can survive for many days without food, cockroaches don't need their heads to keep going. Unlike humans, cockroaches breathe through parts of their body, there is no nose on their heads. It can survive for weeks without one. Talk about a brawny bug! True or False: An avalanche can happen if someone yells on a snow-covered mountain - False! In movies and TV shows, avalanches are triggered when someone shouts or fires a gun. In reality, this isn't powerful enough to start one. Many avalanches are caused when the weight of a person crossing an unstable slope dislodges the snow so it rushes down the mountain, often taking the person with it. True or False: The first explorer to reach the South Pole was Robert Falcon Scott - False! In 1912, when Robert Falcon Scott made a grueling trek to the South Pole, he found himself in a race with a team of Norwegians, led by Roald Amundsen. Both men were determined to reach the Pole first. When Scott's team finally reached their target, to the dismay they found the Norwegians had beaten them to it - by a moth! On the return journey, Scott and his team perished from starvation and frostbite. True or False: The skeletons of babies and adult humans have the same number of pa
With all of the books in the world, this one is the best! With a multitude of did-you-knows, accompanied by hilarious illustrations, page after page is packed with the best entertainment and education. For kids craving to jam their brains with odd and intriguing facts, here's a banquet--stuffed with the fastest, brightest, longest, funniest, weirdest, wildest, wettest, smelliest, brainiest, and fascinating-est things in the world!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.