- Table View
- List View
Whether it's facts about dinosaurs or a myth about oceans that they always thought was true, the fun facts in this book are guaranteed to amaze kids and parents alike. From weird animal behavior to ancient civilizations, from mighty dinosaurs to fabulous inventions kids can discover the remarkable truth or uncover amazing myth busters. First, they can test their knowledge at the beginning of each chapter and then turn the page to find out what is true and what is false. True or False: Cockroaches can survive without their heads - True! Since they can survive for many days without food, cockroaches don't need their heads to keep going. Unlike humans, cockroaches breathe through parts of their body, there is no nose on their heads. It can survive for weeks without one. Talk about a brawny bug! True or False: An avalanche can happen if someone yells on a snow-covered mountain - False! In movies and TV shows, avalanches are triggered when someone shouts or fires a gun. In reality, this isn't powerful enough to start one. Many avalanches are caused when the weight of a person crossing an unstable slope dislodges the snow so it rushes down the mountain, often taking the person with it. True or False: The first explorer to reach the South Pole was Robert Falcon Scott - False! In 1912, when Robert Falcon Scott made a grueling trek to the South Pole, he found himself in a race with a team of Norwegians, led by Roald Amundsen. Both men were determined to reach the Pole first. When Scott's team finally reached their target, to the dismay they found the Norwegians had beaten them to it - by a moth! On the return journey, Scott and his team perished from starvation and frostbite. True or False: The skeletons of babies and adult humans have the same number of pa
With all of the books in the world, this one is the best! With a multitude of did-you-knows, accompanied by hilarious illustrations, page after page is packed with the best entertainment and education. For kids craving to jam their brains with odd and intriguing facts, here's a banquet-stuffed with the fastest, brightest, longest, funniest, weirdest, wildest, wettest, smelliest, brainiest, and fascinating-est things in the world!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.