- Table View
- List View
Revitalize classic embroidery stitches for a contemporary look simply by adding beads to your needlework. Learn how to embroider with beads on anything from bags and boxes to pillows and purses withBead Embroidery: The Complete Guide. Through thorough research, her own personal experience and a visual smorgasbord of 525 photographs and 265 how-to illustrations, best selling author Jane Davis teaches you 215 embroidery stitches - from the common to the uniquely rare. Whether a beginner or seasoned embroiderer, you will revel in this truly complete guide. You'll find: Comprehensive Basics section showcasing every stitch at a glance, plus tips on choosing the right beads, threads, fabrics and tools to ensure your needlework success. Extensive instruction on how to create 215 embroidery stitches, each presented with a photograph and how-to illustration showing options with or without beads. Impressive assortment of 20 fabulous projects for home decorating, holiday gift-giving or personal accessorizing.
Brooches, Buttons & Braceletsteaches you how to use a few basic beadwork techniques to create a beautiful beaded brooch, a button to adorn a favorite jacket, or a stunning bracelet with an attitude all its own. Whether you prefer using existing buttons, or designing you own, this beautiful bead book will help you expand your basic skills, through 200+ step-by-step photos and illustrations of techniques including peyote stitch, brick stitch, ladder stitch and fringe, features in 24 projects. In addition, you'll discover instructions for two types of cabochon beadwork and bead encasing.
Your one-stop reference for a lifetime of happy crocheting! It's amazing that a simple hook and yarn can yield such diverse results, from thick, cozy Afghans to delicate lace doilies. Crochet The Complete Guidecontains everything you need to get started or take your projects to the next level#151;from advice on selecting the best yarn types and colors for your projects, to easy-to-follow instructions for creating sophisticated edgings, lacework and three-dimensional textures, to multi-color effects, ruffles, flowers and much more! 150+ illustrated stitch patterns, from classic patterns to new and unusual designs#151;arranged by type and style, and color-coded for easy browsing directions for a wide range of crochet styles, including Tunisian crochet, beaded crochet and CroKnit 7 timeless projects to make as shown, or customize by substituting pattern stitches found throughout the book a getting-started section that covers tools, materials and basic techniques A must-have guide for crocheters of all skill levels, this little book will satisfy your itch to stitch!
Beautifully illustrated with easy-to-follow instructions, readers will find fresh, creative ideas for designing with wire. Crafters are guided through the techniques used to create more than 50 projects for jewelry and home décor, such as brooches, bracelets, ornaments, and candleholders.
Felting brings crochet enthusiasts into an exciting new dimension of their hobby inFelted Crochet. This resource provides instructions for easily creating 30 beautiful accents for home and wardrobe. Crocheters will learn techniques for experimenting with felted crochet, as well as discovering what works in felting crocheted items and what might be better for knitted projects. Step-by-step techniques, including 125 stunning color photos and illustrations, give beginners and experts details for creating purses, bags, blankets, vets, pillows and more. This second-to-none resource brings an attitude of fun and creativity to any crochet project!
Knit scarves are the hottest new fashion accessory! Answering the demand for new scarf, poncho and shawl ideas, this new book provides 35 fun, contemporary projects knitters can create quickly and easily, many featuring popular novelty yarns. Knit Ponchos, Wraps & Scarvesexplores various techniques for knitting, ranging from cables with color work to embellishing with beads and embroidery. Each section features a number of progressive projects ranging from beginner, to intermediate, to expert. This book offers something for every knitter and gives beginners a chance to improve their skills as they undertake each new project! 35 contemporary, easy-to-follow projects for knitted scarves, ponchos and shawls Teaches various knitting techniques, including color work and embellishments Projects range from beginner to expert
Some books are nice additions to a library, and others are cornerstone selections. This book is one of those foundational references you can rely on for years to come. From its easy-to-use lay-flat format, to the collection of 200 pattern stitches, this book is a quick and easy guide to all things knitting. The techniques and insight you glean fromKnitting - The Complete Guidecan be applied to any project, such as the socks, gloves, hat and sweater projects featured inside.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.