- Table View
- List View
Parts of the story are set in the present and parts during the great battle of Gettysburg. As Homer and Mary try to trace the mysterious shame attached to one of her ancestors
One mystical tree. One dangerous neighbor. Strange and magical things continually occur at the Hall family's home at 40 Walden Street. Now there's a terrible sound throughout the town of Concord-the buzzing of a chain saw. Only one thing is worse for Eddy and Georgie Hall than that noise: the man who causes it, Mortimer Moon. When all the trees in town are falling to his hand and he threatens the mysterious tree sprouting in the Halls' backyard, Georgie and Eddy will do anything to stop him. In the eighth installment of the Hall Family Chronicles, secrets-all caused by the growth of a miraculous tree-will be unlocked.
Leonard is desperately in love with a disappearing woman. Homer and Mary offer to help, but they become lost in an Escher labyrinth as they encounter murders, secrets, and ghosts of the past.
When the mysterious Canada goose appears at Georgie's window, she climbs on his back and learns how to really fly. But one person will stop at nothing to prevent her lovely Goose Prince from coming. A Newbery Honor Book.
Homer Kelly is trying to cope with the changes to his beloved Concord: an influx of tourists and boutiques, a convergence of homeless, even a proposed mall on the banks of Walden Pond. But when some retirees begins to meet untimely deaths, he draws the line. Illustrated.
As the United States struggles in the grip of the Depression, pre-teen Grace Jones examines the evidence - she wasn't born in the United States, and she looks just like the young Princess Elizabeth. She decides she is royalty in exile, secretly the heir to the British throne. But being royalty doesn't make Grace's life any easier. Her father still doesn't have a job, and her family still has to sell their beloved car for money to survive.
Excerpts of six Newbery award-winning authors' books. Newberys are awarded for quality writing for children and adolescents. The stories excerpted here range from a stowaway's tale to the story of a girl who makes no attempt to slot herself into her new school's conformist culture to the story of a boy who receives a time travel-capable bicycle.
The strangest things seem to happen to the Hall family. Now their adventure is with time itself. It starts when Eddy receives an unusually large packing crate from his uncle, Prince Krishna, containing an old-fashioned bicycle complete with wicker basket. The bike has more than that, though: It possesses the ability to travel through time! An accelerated Reader® Title
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.