- Table View
- List View
Popular beading magazines are featuring projects incorporating chain, and the designs range from classic to vintage to steampunk. Chain Style expands on this hot trend by offering 50 creative ideas for how to use chain as the key design feature.Key Features:Learn how to stretch your beading materials by incorporating chain in your design.The tools and materials are easy to obtain, and the techniques used are suitable for beginners.Techniques include opening and closing jump rings, cutting chain, oxidizing and hammering the chain to create texture and variety plus creating wire-wrapped loops and jump rings.50 designs by top jewelry artists including Jane Dickerson, Kerry Bogert, Denise Peck, Yvonne Irvin, Leslie Rogalski, Lorelei.Jane Dickerson, editor of Step by Step and Creative Jewelry magazines, offers a step-by-step guide to making easy, stylish, and contemporary bracelets and necklaces incorporating chain as a key element of the design. With 50 fabulous projects, there is a wide variety of design styles to choose from, plus lots or inspiring ideas for using chain creatively.Designing with chain is fast, fun, and affordable . . . A few special beads connected together with chain will make a fabulous necklace in minutes!
Why spend hundreds of dollars stocking up on expensive manufactured clasps, jump rings, ear wires, bails, and much more when you can get exactly what you need for a fraction of the cost? With Handcrafted Wire Findings you can learn how to make all of these things and more with your choice of materials. From sterling silver, fine silver, and German silver to copper, brass, and artistic wire you can use whatever material fits your budget to make just the custom components you want. Who wouldn't want to have fun making jewelry AND save money at the same time?Included are over 30 projects for making many different and useful custom wire findings. Starting off for fundamental skills for beginners then progressing for more ambitious and sophisticated designs, Handcrafted Wire Findings offers great projects for crafters and jewelry makers of all skill levels. A variety of techniques are also highlighted, including basic wirework, texturizing, silver fusing, adding patina, and traditional finishes. With all of these possibilities, there is no limit to what you can create with your own money-saving hand-made jewelry components.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.