- Table View
- List View
Since the release of Janet Holm McHenry'sPrayerWalk,thousands around the world have embraced prayerwalking as an enjoyable and effective way to improve physical health, nurture spiritual growth, and intercede in prayer for their loved ones and communities. Now, blending biblical truths with the lessons she's learned while prayerwalking, Janet offers fresh insights and further inspiration to all who value the discipline of prayer. Just asPrayerWalkgave readers a comprehensive overview of prayerwalking,Daily PrayerWalkexplores in detail the important elements of a healthy prayer life. Whether the reader is a new or experienced prayerwalker, or one who simply wants to challenge and strengthen his or her prayer practice,Daily PrayerWalkprovides both basic and in-depth insights, new ideas, and solid answers to questions about communication with God. Readers can use this book as a thoughtful guide to a deeper prayer life or as a devotional for the days when they do prayerwalks. In both cases, this book of fifty prayer-related meditations will support and challenge them as they become men and women of prayer, strength, and discipline. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Give control back to God and get back to what you enjoy most-loving your teen. Parenting teenagers isn't easy. No matter how much we love our kids and want to protect them, we cannot control them or their circumstances. But God is in control, and- particularly when we trust him-he can take care of our kids far better than we ever could. So what else can we do? We can pray. In fact, prayer should be our first response-because prayer is the most powerful tool at a parent's disposal. That is what this book is about: releasing our teens to God's control, learning to pray specifically and with confidence for their every need, and recovering the sense of humor that will help us face the situations that now cause us so much stress. This book includes:* lighthearted stories designed to help take the edge off of parenting your teenager* valuable insights on more than twenty areas of conflict you are likely to experience with your teen-from language, grades, and clothing to drugs, drinking, and smoking* specific prayer strategies to help you make a difference in your teen's life* perspectives on the "hot" issues, from real teens* what the Bible has to say on each subject* tips from parenting experts* specific prayers to get you started* discussion starters to help open up dialogue with your teenWhether parents have never prayed for their teens, have prayed sporadically, or have prayed every day, now is the time to pray even more and in whole new ways-and Prayer Changes Teens will show them how.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Pray Your Way Through Your Day. More than two thousand years ago Jesus taught about the importance of prayer and the apostle Paul urged Christians to "pray without ceasing. " Yet a rewarding prayer life seems almost impossible for those of us juggling busy schedules, family needs, friendships, home tasks, or a demanding job. We'd love to engage constantly with God: such as when we're working, driving carpool, or folding socks. But how can we, when we spend so much of our days just racing from one thing to another? The author of three other books on prayer, Janet Holm McHenry set out on a personal journey to learn how to draw even closer to God through this crucial spiritual discipline. Her findings led to PrayerStreaming, a life-changing guide to praying through the clutter and clatter of everyday life. Tap into History's Best Spiritual Wisdom Regarding Prayer. Drawing from eight of the most respected and time-tested spiritual classics on the subject of prayer, as well as personal experiences of deepened intimacy with God, Janet Holm McHenry illustrates that incorporating prayer into the rhythms of life is in fact far easier than you think-and more beneficial than you could ever dream
Challenge your body. Feed your spirit. Change the world. Ask any Christian woman about her most recent New Year's resolutions, and you'll likely find that exercise regularlyo and pray moreo were at the top of her list. We all long to look and feel our best, to live actively and healthfully. More than that, we desire to connect intimately with our God. Yet physical health and spiritual growth often take a backseat to the urgent demands of grocery shopping and bill paying, time with family and friends, and long hours at the office. It's Time to Exercise Your Prayer Life. Three years ago, author Janet Holm McHenry suffered from depression, weight gain, and exhaustion. Then she began a prayerwalk routine that not only transformed her life but also profoundly impacted the lives of those around her. Learn how you, too, can set out on a journey to increased energy, better health, and greater joyuand experience a rich, full prayer ministry that will have a lasting impact on your loved ones and communityuin PrayerWalk. Prayerwalking makes so much sense, you'll wonder why you haven't been doing it all your life!o uHeather and David Kopp, coauthors of the Praying the Bible series Honest, humorous, and insightful, PrayerWalk will encourage your heart. o uLinda Dillow, author of Intimate Issues
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.