- Table View
- List View
Let Good Housekeeping hold your hand, guiding you as you prepare tasty diet-friendly meals! Remember: people who eat at home tend to be thinner than those who eat out often. Even those who don't feel comfortable in the kitchen can easily make these recipes, which have all been triple-tested in the magazine's acclaimed kitchens. Most of the recipes take no more than 20 minutes from stove to table--less time than picking up calorie-laden take-out. And they're also nutritious, so they not only help you drop pounds, but also could lower the risks for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other ailments. But of course, vitamins and minerals don't lure dieters to the table: taste does, and these dishes are absolutely delicious. Meals such as Asparagus, Red Potato, and Romano Frittata; Salmon with Tomato-Oliver Relish; Steak and Pepper Tortillas, and Tortellini with Zucchini and Radicchio are as palate-pleasing as they are weight-reducing. And leave room for desserts like Apricot Soufflé and Seattle Cappuccino Angel Food Cake. Both veterans of the plan and newcomers will find this cookbook--which summarizes all the Supermarket Diet basics--invaluable!
The trusted diet and nutrition experts at Good Housekeeping present a slimming, easy new way to shop the supermarket aisles and reach your ideal weight. Buy the right packaged and convenience foods, add a delicious assortment of fresh produce, follow Good Housekeeping's recipes, and watch the pounds drop.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.