- Table View
- List View
In the same inimitable, uncensored, and hilarious style that has made him one of the most popular voices on satellite radio, Jason Ellis unleashes his no-holds-barred words of advice on diet and exercise, cultivating your signature look, partying, getting laid, maintaining a relationship--and more!Maybe--like Jason Ellis--you want to have sex with multiple partners and then talk about it on the radio while wearing cheetah pants . . .Or maybe you have some goals of your own. Whatever the case may be, Jason believes it's all about getting off your ass and maximizing the opportunities that life has to offer. It's about remembering that you are alive, right now, and that won't always be the case. So do something. Anything. Enjoy the ride. Go outside and get naked.Jason can tell you how to handle every situation life throws at you and play it like a champ: how to look, how to act, how to pick up a stripper--you name it.But that's just for starters. Jason believes that to get what you really want out of life, you have to have confidence. And true confidence is something you have to earn, by deciding what you want from life and then pursuing your passion until you make your dreams a reality.This book will show you how to develop the positive attitude that will allow you to truly make things happen.
Jason Ellis does it all. And he has excelled at everything he sets his mind to: X Games skateboarding, satellite radio, professional mixed martial arts, boxing, moto, truck racing, TV, and movies. Now he shares his jaw-dropping and inspirational life story-from the depths of addiction to the joys and ordeals of radio, fatherhood, and professional fighting-in his uncensored no-holds-barred style. Jason was raised in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, and his early years were split between an alcoholic mother-who was only sixteen when he was born-and a father whose violent and unpredictable behavior taught Jason to be hard, tough, and fearless. Before he owned the radio waves, Jason competed for twenty years alongside action-sports legends and friends like Tony Hawk. Jason was known for going bigger and harder than anyone else-both on and off the ramp. His passion to become the best at skateboarding was exceeded only by his all-night partying and relentless pursuit of sex. After surviving a failed marriage and struggling with a rampant drug problem, all while heading toward the end of his skateboarding career, tragedy struck . . . twice. His father died of a heart attack, and a year later his younger brother died in an accident near the family's vacation home. His brother's death made Jason realize he had had enough. He quit booze and drugs, married his girlfriend, and threw his energy into being a good father. Having squandered his shot at greatness in skateboarding, he resolved to make the most of his second chance in radio. Jason has always been a daredevil, harnessing his unique ability to endure pain to achieve what few others could, first on the skate ramp and now on the airwaves. Using this fierce determination to let nothing stop him from reaching his goals, he became the new voice of action sports in America. His story is raw, and sometimes unbelievable, but it's always true. And it proves, once again, that Jason Ellis is a fighter through and through.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.