Get your mission-critical systems up and running quickly with this essential, single-volume guide to administering Windows Server 2003--fully updated for Service Pack 1 and R2. This comprehensive administrator's reference details operating system features and capabilities, and provides easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics for on-the-job-results. Discover how to: Create a deployment roadmap and complete an upgrade or a new installation NEW--Implement customized server scripts to help automate administration tasks UPDATED--Learn tools and techniques for installing and configuring Active Directory UPDATED--Manage TCP/IP-based networks, including DHCP, DNS, and WINS servers UPDATED--Configure and support Network Load Balancing clusters and server clusters NEW--Set up a wireless network that helps meet your security requirements NEW--Extend interoperability with legacy systems, including UNIX and Linux NEW--Deploy and configure Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 Monitor, tune, maintain, and repair your system CD features: Scripts that you can adapt to your own work Scriptomatic 2.0 scripting tool Windows Script Host (WSH) 5.6 Help files Microsoft OLE Viewer administration and testing tool Fully searchable eBook A Note Regarding the CD or DVD The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.