- Table View
- List View
AgriScience is a student- and teacher-friendly book that blends physical and biological science with the fundamentals of agriculture. Since agriculture is largely applied science, this is a highly useful and practical approach. Principles of science are presented and reinforced using agricultural applications.
AgriScience, Fifth Edition, represents new student- and teacher-friendly approaches that blend science with the fundamentals of agriculture. Since agriculture is applied science, this is a highly useful and practical approach. Principles of science are presented and reinforced using agricultural applications. Of course, a broad interpretation of agriculture is used that includes crop and animal production as well as horticulture, forestry, marketing, and processing. The contents of AgriScience relate science information to useful applications in plant and animal production. Some things that sound complicated in the science classroom are used every day in the agriculture classroom. Practical applications result in academic connections that reinforce studies in related academic classes. This edition has updated and expanded content in a number of areas. The contents of the book have been reshaped to incorporate the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) Career Cluster and the eight career pathways that are included.
Textbook on how technology has affected agriculture over the years.
This basic text with larger than usual type, simple language, and essentially traditional content offers beginning horticultural students an overview of the field, scientific basics, greenhouse management and production, nursery management and production, floriculture products, landscaping, turfgrass, food crops, and tools and technology. The editors cite such improvements in this updated edition (previous edition: 1997) as more photographs, increased technological applications, greater emphasis on environmentally-friendly approaches, some rewritten sections, and a new chapter on horticultural business management. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Introduction to Livestock and Companion Animals has been revised to serve as an outstanding introductory textbook in animal science. It is about far more than cattle, swine, and chickens--though these are included. It integrates a multitude of perspectives on animal education. Basics of biology are included as the foundation for animal education. Practical connections are addressed in each chapter. Biotechnology has been expanded throughout.
Introduction to Livestock and Companion Animals has been revised to serve as an introductory textbook in animal science and veterinary technology. It is about far more than cattle, swine, and chickens, though these are included. It integrates a multitude of perspectives on animal education.
An introductory text for middle school and high school students, covering the role of plant and soil science, fundamentals of plant and soil science, plant pests, and meeting human needs with plants. Learning aids include career profiles and boxes on agri-industry connections, chapter summaries, questions, quizzes, and project ideas. Includes a glossary, and appendices.
Natural Resources covers the following topics: IMPORTANCE OF NATURAL RESOURCES CONSERVING RENEWABLE NATURAL RESOURCES LAND CONSERVING NONRENEWABLE NATURAL RESOURCES SUSTAINING NATURAL RESOURCES ENJOYING NATURAL RESOURCES
Plants and Animals: Biology and Production has been prepared to serve as an introductory textbook in plant, soil, and animal science. It is about far more than production of crops and livestock.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.