- Table View
- List View
AgriScience is a student- and teacher-friendly book that blends physical and biological science with the fundamentals of agriculture. Since agriculture is largely applied science, this is a highly useful and practical approach. Principles of science are presented and reinforced using agricultural applications.
AgriScience, Fifth Edition, represents new student- and teacher-friendly approaches that blend science with the fundamentals of agriculture. Since agriculture is applied science, this is a highly useful and practical approach. Principles of science are presented and reinforced using agricultural applications. Of course, a broad interpretation of agriculture is used that includes crop and animal production as well as horticulture, forestry, marketing, and processing. The contents of AgriScience relate science information to useful applications in plant and animal production. Some things that sound complicated in the science classroom are used every day in the agriculture classroom. Practical applications result in academic connections that reinforce studies in related academic classes. This edition has updated and expanded content in a number of areas. The contents of the book have been reshaped to incorporate the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) Career Cluster and the eight career pathways that are included.
Textbook on how technology has affected agriculture over the years.
This basic text with larger than usual type, simple language, and essentially traditional content offers beginning horticultural students an overview of the field, scientific basics, greenhouse management and production, nursery management and production, floriculture products, landscaping, turfgrass, food crops, and tools and technology. The editors cite such improvements in this updated edition (previous edition: 1997) as more photographs, increased technological applications, greater emphasis on environmentally-friendly approaches, some rewritten sections, and a new chapter on horticultural business management. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Introduction to Livestock and Companion Animals has been revised to serve as an outstanding introductory textbook in animal science. It is about far more than cattle, swine, and chickens--though these are included. It integrates a multitude of perspectives on animal education. Basics of biology are included as the foundation for animal education. Practical connections are addressed in each chapter. Biotechnology has been expanded throughout.
Introduction to Livestock and Companion Animals has been revised to serve as an introductory textbook in animal science and veterinary technology. It is about far more than cattle, swine, and chickens, though these are included. It integrates a multitude of perspectives on animal education.
An introductory text for middle school and high school students, covering the role of plant and soil science, fundamentals of plant and soil science, plant pests, and meeting human needs with plants. Learning aids include career profiles and boxes on agri-industry connections, chapter summaries, questions, quizzes, and project ideas. Includes a glossary, and appendices.
Plants and Animals: Biology and Production has been prepared to serve as an introductory textbook in plant, soil, and animal science. It is about far more than production of crops and livestock.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.