- Table View
- List View
Bone Pathology is the second edition of the book, A Compendium of Skeletal Pathology that published 10 years ago. Similar to the prior edition, this book complements standard pathology texts and blends new but relatively established information on the molecular biology of the bone. Serving as a bench-side companion to the surgical pathologist, this new edition reflects new advances in our understanding of the molecular biology of bone. New chapters on soft-tissue sarcomas and soft-tissue tumors have been added as well as several additional chapters such as Soft-tissue pathology and Biomechanics. The volume is written by experts who are established in the field of musculoskeletal diseases. Bone Pathology is a combined effort from authors of different specialties including surgeons, pathologists, radiologists and basic scientists all of whom have in common an interest in bone diseases. It will be of great value to surgical pathology residents as well as practicing pathologists, skeletal radiologists, orthopedic surgeons and medical students.
With the advent of new technologies, the field of musculoskeletal radiology has grown to include not only diseases that affect the skeleton, but also those that affect muscles, ligaments, tendons and also the cartilaginous structures within joints. Diagnostic Imaging of Musculoskeletal Diseases: A Systematic Approach is a useful and worthy teaching text that is at once readable by the radiology resident rotating through the musculoskeletal radiology and thorough enough to be used by the practicing radiologist. Written by authors who are well established in the field of musculoskeletal radiology and pathology, this volume provides readers with a practical and systematic approach to think about diagnosis of pathologic conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, thus making the material easier to learn and synthesize. Chapters are organized by major categories of disease: trauma, infection, tumors and tumor-like conditions, metabolic diseases, dysplastic diseases and arthritis. Additional chapters examine basic interventional techniques that apply to musculoskeletal imaging and in recognition of the importance of orthopedic procedures, information is included on the use, imaging, appearance, and pathology affecting prostheses and fixation devices. Diagnostic Imaging of Musculoskeletal Diseases: A Systematic Approach is an exceptionally important new text that contains information essential to the practice of modern radiology.
Essentials in Bone and Soft-Tissue Pathology is a concise and well-illustrated handbook that captures the salient points of the most common problems in bone and soft-tissue pathology. The volume includes the most important diagnostic features of common musculoskeletal lesions. This book is a short text directed primarily at residents in pathology and other individuals interested in the field of orthopedic pathology, including medical students, orthopedic surgeons, radiologists, and practicing pathologists who do not see these cases on a day to day basis.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.