- Table View
- List View
Can Danny program Miniac, a miniature automatic computer, to do his homework for him? His attempts seem to be going well until an old enemy, Snitcher, tries his hand at sabotage.
To the Rescue! Are there enemy spies following Professor Bullfinch? Is he working on a secret government invention? Danny and his friends, Joe and Irene, decide they must warn the Professor of possible danger. They track him down to an old barn, where he's hidden his workshop. Once inside all they find is a weird and fascinating machine. Danny tries out one of two levers-but he isn't prepared for what happens next! He and his friends are trapped inside the machine and shrinking fast....
Danny Dunn, Professor Bullfinch's headstrong young sidekick, is at it again. Trapped in the Professor's submersible research vessel at the bottom of the sea, time is running out!
Teenage novel about Danny and his friends going back in time to 1763 where they meet Ben Franklin! Their time machine breaks down. Will they be stranded in the past forever?
Like millions of kids before him, Jay Williams used to pretend he was making the game-winning shot while playing basketball in his Plainfield, New Jersey, backyard. Unlike almost all of those other kids, he kept right on making shots until he became an NCAA champion and two-time national player of the year at Duke and the number-two overall NBA draft pick in 2002.But after just one season with the Chicago Bulls, a team starved for a new messiah since Michael Jordan's retirement, Williams destroyed his career when he suffered a horrific motorcycle accident. In an instant, the man with as fast a first step as any point guard in history could no longer do anything for himself, including walk.In Life Is Not an Accident Jay Williams shares his story--both heartbreaking and uplifting--of being a young man trying to wrest control of his life from his overinvolved parents, from the pleasures and perils of fame and money, and from the near-fatal mistake that threatened to define him.After a decade spent recovering from his injuries--the rehabilitations, the comeback attempts, the professional forays into the seedy underside of sports agenting--Williams recounts with a rare honesty his hard-fought path to college basketball stardom and the painful lessons he's learned while reconstructing his fractured adulthood.Life Is Not an Accident is also Williams's tribute to the many angels who helped him survive, including his mother, his first love, and his legendary Duke basketball coach, Mike Krzyzewski. Now in his thirties and an ESPN college basketball analyst, Jay Williams is happy with the man he has become--and convinced that the crash that almost killed him at 21 was no accident, but a tragedy that taught him how to live.Advance Praise For Life Is Not An Accident"A lot of athletes have been to the mountaintop and back to the bottom in the course of their careers, and their stories end there. But not Jay's. He was determined to build a life beyond basketball no matter how many hard picks he'd have to fight through. This book shows how he did it--one brave step at a time."--Charles Barkley, TNT basketball analyst and NBA legend"From a freakish motorcycle accident that derailed his destiny to overcoming the residue from it that left a severe mental and emotional stain, Jay's story is about strength, resilience, and redemption. Life Is Not an Accident is a surprisingly honest and revealing account that will inspire and resonate with all."--Grant Hill, CBS basketball analyst and former NBA All-Pro"Jay Williams has led a fascinating life, much of it in the public eye. But it is the very private side of the man-- through his breathtaking highs and startling lows--that makes this gutsy, intimate, unflinchingly honest memoir impossible to put down."--Mike Greenberg, ESPN's Mike & Mike
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.