- Table View
- List View
California: Adventures in Time and Place has twelve chapters and a reference section. Each chapter has two or more lessons. There are also many special features for you to study and enjoy.
Textbook about how communities change over time.
Social studies textbook.
This book tells about different communities, but it also gives the student building skills: such as thinking - asking questions; geography - using map scales and understanding hemispheres and intermediate directions; study and research - using the library; study and research - reading flow charts; study and research - reading bar graphs; geography skills - reading transportation maps; geography skills - reading product maps; geograph skills -reading grid maps; plus many other skills like making decisions.
The surface of the earth is made up of land and water. Globes show which parts of the earth's surface are land and which parts are water. Large bodies of land are called continents. There are seven continents: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and Antarctica.
A book about Landscape, State and National Parks, Waters, Climate, Regions, Resources, the First People & the Daily Life of New Jersey.
This book is called New York: Adventures in Time and Place. It has thirteen chapters. Each chapter has two or more lessons. There are also many special features for you to study and enjoy.
New York: Adventures In Time And Place has thirteen chapters. Each chapter has two or more lessons. There are also many special features for you to study and enjoy.
Social studies textbook.
If you want to learn anything about Ohio then this is the book for you; the geography, the resources, the people, the settlement, the changes, the growth etc.
Focusing on the history and geography of Oklahoma.
Textbook that covers the geography, history and social aspects of the state of Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Adventures in Time and Place has eleven chapters. Each chapter has two or more lessons. There are also many special features for you to study and enjoy.
The students in Mrs. Brandon's Grade 2 class are looking for clues. They are looking for clues to learn about their family history. History is the story of the past.
An overview of the different regions of the United States.
We live in a country of great natural beauty. Breathtaking views delight the eye in every region of the United States. In fact, the quote above, from the song America, the Beautiful, was inspired by the American land. Katharine Lee Bates wrote of our country's mountains and deserts, its rolling hills and plains, the bounty and richness of its environment.
An overview of the history of the US.
Learn about the history of United States and the countries around it.
This textbook contains unit lessons on Understanding the World, River Valley Civilizations, New Ideas and New Empires, World Regions in Transition, Dawn of the Modern World and A Century of Conflict.
World: Adventures in Time and Place has 20 chapters, each with two or more lessons. There are also many special features for you to study and enjoy. Special pages right after these two pages and before each unit bring you ideas and Adventures in geography with National Geographic.
Introduces kids to different cultures around the world using various geographical aspects.
This textbook contains many special features that will help you read, understand, and remember the people, geography, and history of Latin America and Canada.
This textbook contains many special features that will help you read, understand, and remember the people, geography, and history of the world.
Meant for middle school students,this is a detailed and informative book on the rich history of our world covering both eastern and western nations.
Student textbook of American history through 1877.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.