- Table View
- List View
Multiple sclerosis is the most common debilitating neurological disease in people under the age of forty in the developed world. Many publications cover medical and clinical approaches to the disease; however, The Biology of Multiple Sclerosis provides a clear and concise up-to-date overview of the scientific literature on the various theories of MS pathogenesis. Covering the main elements of scientific research into multiple sclerosis, the book contains chapters on the neuropathology of the disease as well as an account of the most extensively used animal model experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. The book contains chapters regarding the role of viruses in the development of multiple sclerosis. Viruses have long been implicated and chapters on animal models based on virus infection, as well as their possible role in the etiology of MS, are included. Of interest to MS researchers, the book is written to also be of value to postgraduate and medical students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.