- Table View
- List View
A boy and his family endure a difficult nine-week journey across the ocean and survive the first winter at Plymouth Plantation in Massachusetts.
A fictionalized account of the journey made by nine-year-old Mary Ellen Todd and her family from their home in Arkansas westward over the Oregon Trail in 1852.
After clearing enough forest to build a log cabin for their new home, Pa returns east to fetch the rest of the family, while young brothers Daniel and Will stay behind to watch the land. Pa had planned to return within six weeks ... but something must have gone wrong. Now the boys must survive the winter with only a few supplies and their ability to invent and improvise. But are they alone in the woods? Jean Van Leeuwen''s engrossing novel of pioneer survival is based on a true incident.
Samantha Slayton's eleventh year includes losing her last baby teeth, towering over every boy in dance school, and being mortified by everything her mother does.
Follows a family's emigration by prairie schooner from the East, across the plains to the West.
Tired of gangster movies and a steady diet of candy wrappers, three theater mice decide to rob a cheese shop.
The Pioneer Daughters series is "a heartwarming portrait of a colonial girl and her family struggling to meet the challenges of pioneer life during the Revolutionary War. " --Kirkus Reviews In Hannah of Fairfield, Hannah would rather be nursing a fragile spring lamb back to health than counting stitches. How can she concentrate when the war is so close? Everyone in Fairfield is doing all they can to help the colonial army. What can Hannah do to help? .
Beginning readers will welcome back the whole Pig clan in their most captivating Easy-to-Read appearance yet.
Amanda Pig, her brother Oliver, and their parents share a busy day, working and playing together from breakfast to bedtime.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.